Password protecting a folder on your website
Posted by Jen on 30 September 2007 04:26 AM
1. Log on to your cPanel
2. Select "Password Protect Directory"
3. Click the folder icons to browse into your folders.
4. Click on the name of the folder to bring up the protection screen.
5. Check the box next to the lock icon and provide a "resource name" (you can change it later if you would like)
6. Click save
7. Click go back (Once you click go back you should see your user under the list of users)
8. Type in a username and password
9. Click add/modify user
10. Repeat the last step for any extra usernames you would like to add.
This will create a directory of your password protected folder.