Uploading Images to a Wordpress blog can fill up disk space pretty fast! Here are some tips to help conserve disk space:
- Resize images prior to upload- This helps conserve bandwith, too! Generally, we recommend 200-500KB per image if possible.
- Remove old posts or remove old images from posts - When removing old posts, remember that the post must be premanently removed from the trash and that images are not removed at the same time. To remove "unattached" media (images/videos etc from old removed posts), click on Media>Library and navigate to the "unnattached" link. To view all of the images (in order to bulk delete), select screen options at the top and type in the number for the "Show on Screen" XXX "Media Items" and apply the number. Then check the gray box above all of the images, and click the "Bulk Action" of "Delete Permanently"
- Remove all plugins and themes not in use
Screenshot of removing bulk images
1) Media > Library
2) Screen Options - Set "Show on Screen" XXX "Media Items"
3) Check top gray box to select all unattached images, bulk apply "Delete Permanently"