Flexsitez Blogsite and Original Blogsite Difference
Posted by Jen on 08 August 2011 08:56 AM
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Traditional Blogsites (Andy, Annie, and Jasper) referenced in this article have been RETIRED, and are available (as of October 2012) by special order only!
There are a number of differences between our Traditional blogsites and the Flexsitez Professional Photo Blog, but they are both based on WordPress. Here are the basic FAQ's for Traditional Blogsites vs. the Flexsitez Professional Photo Blog:
The Flexsitez Professional Photo Blog is much more customizable and will include the Flexsitez themes we develop to give it unlimited looks.
The blogsites have a few different features, and are a bit more user friendly, BECAUSE they have fewer options.
* Comes with flash header and flash galleries for a more elegant feel
* Built-in calendar
* Integrated cart
* Supports music, color changing elements, and slideshow in the galleries
* Supports music throughout site
* Two different headers (one to appear on main page and other to appear on all other pages)
* Comes with a sitezadmin/ just like the flash sites for easy transition from flash to blogsite
* Create thousands of completely different looks, by starting with one of our stunning pre-built themes, and customizing how you see fit! See all of the available themes at http://portfoliositez.com/flexsitez.php
* Full access to any themes PSitez develop for easy switching – Change your theme as often as you would like, FREE! Simply install and activate! http://portfoliositez.com/support/staff/index.php?/Knowledgebase/ViewKnowledgebase/Article/361/85
* 100% non-flash so it displays on iPads, iPhones, and other non-flash & mobile products, without any additional customization!
* Advanced features such as:
Custom image uploads for menu buttons, social media icons, and MORE!
Full design control, in that YOU, the user, determines ALL image sizing, blog width, comments settings, etc.
Ability to add custom CSS
Built in feature called 'Flexcart Connect', to incorporate your Flexsitez template to your Flexcart seamlessly!! Learn more at http://portfoliositez.com/support/staff/index.php?/Knowledgebase/ViewKnowledgebase/Article/338/85
And SO much more!
* 9 different header layouts to choose from and tweak to create hundreds of different header looks
* Advanced contact form with built-in support for ShootQ
* All admin controls built into WordPress’s admin so there is only one admin to use
* Auto-updates built-in to allow you to see when there are updates and update the different themes, flexsitez core, etc. so you are always up to date with the latest bug fixes and features
* Broad compatibility with WordPress plugins, allowing the addition of additional social media functions, custom forms, music, and MORE!! View our Recommended Plugins at http://portfoliositez.com/support/staff/index.php?/Knowledgebase/ViewKnowledgebase/Article/360/85
* Built in SEO, via Yoast!
With new features and functions being added regularly!
In general we’d recommend the original blogsites if there is a design you like and you’d prefer a more simple solution for your blog that is less intimidating.
We’d recommend the Flexsitez if you change your look yearly (or even sooner) or are familiar with WordPress’s admin and would like the ability to have more control over your design and blog’s functionality.
If you have additional questions about any of the differences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help you!