Knowledgebase: Presales FAQ
What do I need to do to get service started with Portfoliositez?
Posted by Jen on 14 April 2010 01:57 PM
We’ll break this down into steps, just to make things as easy as possible!
1. Register your domain name – We recommend NameCheap.com (http://www.namecheap.com/), as they offer domains starting as low as $3.99 a year, and excellent Customer Service and Support!
2. Place an order through our site for the service and template you would like! You can explore all of our Product details and Service Pricing at http://portfoliositez.com, and order services at https://www.portfoliositez.com/clientarea/cart.php
3. Wait 2-3 business days (usually we are ahead of schedule) for a Welcome Email from us. This welcome email will have link to your template's sitezadmin or wp-admin, where you can edit your new site, as well as your hosting control panel information.
4. Use the links in your Welcome Email to start uploading content to your site through the sitezadmin or wp-admin. Please refer to our Knowledgebase at http://www.portfoliositez.com/support/index.php for tons of great tutorials and helpful articles specific to your template!
5. When you are ready to 'go live' with the site and have your domain name lead to your new template you will need to change the nameserver addresses with your domain name registrar. For more information about what nameservers are, and how they work, please refer to this article: http://www.portfoliositez.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=402
For instructions for changing nameservers, please check out this article: http://www.portfoliositez.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=10
6. Log into your CPanel (hosting control panel link that is in your Welcome Email) and setup your email accounts. For detailed instructions for this, please refer to this article: http://www.portfoliositez.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=5
7. That's it! Once your domain name is propagated with the new nameservers, email can be sent to the email accounts you setup in the CPanel and your domain name will show your site! *NOTE!* When you change your nameservers to point your domain to your new site with US, your OLD email accounts (if any) will STOP working! So it is important to make sure that any important emails are forwarded to a 3rd party email account BEFORE you change the nameservers!
If you have any trouble at all along the way, please contact email@example.com, and we will be more than happy to help!